In order to qualify for auto assistance you must meet TWO of the following criteria:
- Referral by an organization we work with: United Way, Friends of the Family, Grace Like Rain, Our Daily Bread, St. Andrew Presbyterian, CASA, Children’s Advocacy Center, Denton Bible, Village Church, DFW Metro Family of Churches, Cross Timbers, First Refuge Ministries, Denton Police Victim Assistance, Christian Community Action, Under 1 Roof, The Samaritan Inn, FOCUS, Cumberland Home, St. Phillips Catholic Church, Abigail’s Arms of Cooke County, Denton Police Victim Assistance, Texas Muslim Women’s Foundation, Heartland Church, VASH, Salvation Army, Arlington Life Shelter, CCA, Metrocrest, MHMR, Serve Denton.
- Full time student as well as working at least 20 hours a week
- Median income is less than 150% of the poverty line
- Receiving any kind of government assistance
- Lost your job within the last month
- Veteran or active military
- Single parent
In most cases, we prioritize and only complete safety repairs over non-safety issues. We pay up to $450 for the first series of repairs, and require you to pay for parts. We do not finance parts or repairs. We will pay up to $450 every six months you continue to qualify!
Void of Commitment
Things that will void our commitment to working on your car are as follows:
- You push us for an unrealistic deadline or check-in more than every other day. We will communicate the best we can; but some repairs take weeks.
- Cars issues are not as described or repairs will cost more than the $450 we allot for 1st time clients – in most of these cases you will be required to pay the additional amount up front.
*If you did not get an email confirmation for your submission it did not go through. Please be patient with our response time, we are a two-man operation and a privately-funded organization.
Visit by appointment only. Please confirm your appointment 18-24 hours in advance.
Ready to get started?
Please fill out this form:
Some of our services include:
GENERAL REPAIR & DIAGNOSTICS
When you bring your car to Metro Auto, we start with a thorough inspection to identify any issues. Check engine (OBDII) codes are a great place to start, so let us know if you have any codes present.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE: BELTS, HOSES & ELECTRICAL
We will check to see what maintenance items need to be addressed and let you know every time you bring your car in, even if it is for an unrelated repair. Unlike many other shops, we will let you know how much life you have left on your parts and won’t recommend unnecessary repairs.
Metro Auto offers complete brake services, including inspection, repair and fluid exchange.
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION REPAIR
In the rare case that your transmission or engine fails, Metro Auto can replace it with a used one or have it rebuilt. Either way, you will be backed by a 6mo. – 1 year warranty so can drive with peace of mind.
FLUID LEAKS & DETECTION
If you’ve noticed fluid leaking from your vehicle, contact Metro Auto as soon as possible. Fluid leaks can indicate a number of problems, some of them serious.
STEERING & SUSPENSION REPAIR
Got an annoying squeak or shake? The culprit is probably steering or suspension. Bring it by so Metro Auto can diagnose it. While we don’t do alignment we have a shop nearby that can do it for us.